CSSA 2018 Training opportunities
CSSA 2018 delegates are exclusively invited to attend the Cisco Networking Academy's Introduction to Cybersecurity V2.0 course. This Cisco course covers cyber trends, threats and staying safe in cyberspace, as well as protecting personal and computer data. It also highlights cybersecurity-related career opportunities.
- The need for cybersecurity
- Attacks, concepts and techniques
- Protecting your data and privacy
- Protecting the organisation
- Will your future be in cybersecurity
During the course you will be presented with content to review and activities to complete. You will then be required to write an exam. Thereafter, you will receive a Certificate of Completion.
This entry-level course is exclusive to CSSA delegates at no additional cost.
- Date: 09 July 2018
- Time: 09:30 - 12:00
- Venue: University of Cape Town, upper campus
- Book: Send an email to email@example.com to secure your seat. Please remember to complete the CSSA 2018 online registeration form before booking your seat.
IBM Certification training
UCT's Department of Information Systems in partnership with IBM is offering IBM Certification Training this July. This training is available to all staff and students from Western Cape-based universities, as well as individuals afflitiated to UCT.
- Application Security Analyst training: 2-6 July 2018 or 19-23 November 2018
- Security Intelligence Analyst training: 16-20 July 2018 or 26-30 November 2018
The cost for each training session is R1000.
Please view the course outline for more information on what each course entails, as well at how to make payment.
Please note that this IBM training offering is not part of the CSSA event. Contact Zainab Ruwhanya for more information.